Please Note: Each survey is quoted per job and is looked at through multiple lenses, including but not limited to: your lot size, vegetation, topography, scope of requested detail, and deed or plat history.
Client contacts Clint Elliott Survey to request a proposal, then:
1. Request assigned to surveyor or qualified personnel.
2. Surveyor provides client a proposal and quote within 3-5 days, along with
consultation as needed.
3. Client engages Elliott Survey to perform work and estimated delivery date.
For residential services, that typically is within 30 days. Retainer of $1,000
required of new clients. Land survey cost varies from property to property.
4. Field technicians assigned to project.
5. Field technicians collect field data (marker locations, structures) on first trip, and
then drafter draws the survey.
6. Once boundary for the property is solved, field crew returns to site with coordinates
and marks corners. The pin sets sometimes happen shortly after the client
receives the drawing.
7. Survey is reviewed by professional land surveyor.
8. Product is delivered to the paying client in PDF and CAD formats. When the survey is
completed, we will be able to provide the client a site plan illustrating
existing/proposed structures, storm water treatment, impervious calculations and
any other detail Metro will require for the permitting process.
Breakdown on costs:
Our plat fee: $800/lot, invoice will be sent on the first submittal, all subsequent revisions and submittals are included in this price. Additional info upon inquiry.
Site plans fee: $675. Site plan delivered within 2 weeks of receiving the construction plans after the survey's completion.
Sidewalk plan fee: $675. Delivered with the site plan. If you are eligible to contribute to the "in lieu of construction" fee, no sidewalk plan will be necessary. Visit the Nashville.gov Sidewalk Requirement guidelines or contact Public Works for more info. *
Hourly rate: $135/ hour to stake and pin the lot for footers and block layers, when you are permitted and ready to break ground,
Retainer required for new clients: $1,000 down to get your survey scheduled, which can be paid quickly and securely through an open invoice sent directly to your email.
*You may be aware, but as of July 2017, Metro enacted a sidewalk requirement on residential lots that is triggered in certain areas when building new single or two family units. There is an option to pay the "in lieu of construction" fee that applies to lots without an existing, substandard sidewalk on the block face.